Thank you very much for your interest in our organization. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously, even when you visit our website. Your data is protected in accordance with the statutory provisions, in particular GDPR and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
The following pertains to the use of this website. As the party responsible for the data processing (controller), we process the personal data collected via our website and store them for the period, which is required to achieve the specified purpose and to comply with the statutory requirements. The following text informs you of the data we collect and the way we process the collected data. We also inform you about on data privacy rights as they pertain to the use of our website.
Pursuant to Article 4 No. 1 GDPR, personal data are all data referring to a specific or identifiable natural person.
This data protection information shall apply to the processing of data on the website www.s-tec.de/en and all services offered in connection with this website as a web service or as a mobile app (hereinafter referred to as the website for better readability), provided that reference is made to this data protection information in each case.
2. Name and contact information of the person who signs responsible for the data processing (controller) and of the society’s data protection officer
Pursuant to Article 4 No. 7 GDPR
for the Advancement of Applied Research
80686 München (Munich, Germany)
On behalf of your Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA
Nobelstraße 12, 70569 Stuttgart
(in the following referred to as ‘Fraunhofer IPA’)
You can reach the data protection representative of the Fraunhofer Institute at the above address c/o Data Protection Officer or at datenschutz(at)zv.fraunhofer.de.
Please feel free to contact the data protection officer directly at any time with your questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as affected person.
3. Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
a) During your Website Visit
You can visit our website without revealing your identity. The browser used on your terminal device merely automatically sends information to the server of our website. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted: Date and time of access, Name and URL of the retrieved file, Website from which access is made (referrer URL), the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider. This also includes the IP address of your requesting terminal. This is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and automatically deleted after 4 days.
The IP address is processed for technical and administrative purposes of establishing a stable connection. This guarantees the security and functionality of our website and enables us to trace any illegal attacks if necessary. The legal basis for processing the IP address is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the aforementioned security interest and the need to provide a trouble-free website. We cannot draw any direct conclusions about your identity from the processing of the IP address and other information in the log file.
b) When using contact forms
We offer the option to contact us via a contact form provided on the website. This involves mandatory information (title, last name, Email adress). We require your data to determine who sent the inquiry and to be able to answer and process it.
This data processing in response to your inquiry is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. We will delete the personal data collected by us using the contact form after your inquiry has been processed.
4. Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
We give your personal data only to third parties under the following circumstances:
- You consented explicitly to the data transfer to a third party according to Article 6 para. 1, page 1 lit. a GDPR
- this is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you pursuant to Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. b DSGVO,
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. c DSGVO.
The data disclosed may be used by the third party exclusively for the purposes stated.
Except in the case described in clause 6 of this Data Protection Information, we do not use any cookies.
6. Web analysis / Tracking
For our website, we use the Leadlab service of the service provider Wiredminds GmbH and the company’s pixel counting technology to analyse the habits of our website users. The analysis helps us to optimise our website. The service allows us to recognise, which companies visit our website. The data do not enable us to identify users directly.
The cookie is set for 90 days. If the visitor returns to our website within this period, the visitor is recognized and the cookie is automatically extended for 90 days. After the 90 days have expired, the cookie is automatically deleted or deleted immediately upon revocation of the cookie use.
Without your specifically given explicit consent, neither Wiredminds nor we use the so collected data to identify you personally, and your personal data are never comingled with data under a pseudonym associated with you.
To the extent that the web analysts collect IP addresses, these addresses are stripped of their last control number block upon collection to anonymise the addresses instantly.
You find the data protection statement of Wiredminds on the Wiredminds website at: https://wiredminds.de/datenschutz/
The provider processes the statistical data based on our legitimate interests in the optimisation of our online offerings and our web presence according to Article 6 para.1 lit. f GDPR. Wiredminds processes the data on our behalf, and we have entered into an order processing agreement with Wiredminds. Wiredminds agrees to process the data on our behalf and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Wiredminds also agrees to protect the rights of the affected persons.
In case you reject the collection of data and the analysis of your user activities, please use our opt-out cookie to prevent the installation of our cookies. This will prevent the future collection of data when you use our website. The opt-out cookie in your device works only in the used browser and applies only to our website. If you delete the cookies in the computer’s cookie folder, you have to install the opt-out cookie again.
Click here to reject the opt-out tracking on this site.
7. Social Plugins
We use social plug-ins (media buttons) on our website. These are small box-like buttons. Click on them to place the content of our website under your profile in social network sites.
If you click on such a button, a link will be established between our website and the social network to which you subscribe. Aside from the respective content, the social network provider will receive other personal information. This includes the information that you visit our website at that time.
For the integration of the social plug-in we use the Shariff Solution. This solution prevents your device from creating a link to the social network merely because you visit a website featuring a social plug-in button without clicking on it. This means that a link is only established if a when you click on the social plug-in button.
We integrate the following social plug-in on our website:
a) Twitter Sharing by the Twitter International Company
Sometimes, information is transmitted to the US parent company Twitter Inc. The Twitter International Company complies with the data protection regulations of ‘US Privacy Shield’. Twitter Inc. is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Trade.
Please find more information on the data protection: https://twitter.com/privacy.
b) LinkedIn Sharing by LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company
Sometimes, information is transmitted to the parent company LinkedIn Corporation with its domicile in the USA. LinkedIn complies with the Data Protection Regulations of ‘US Privacy Shield’ and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Commerce.
Please find more information on LinkedIn data protection: https://www.linkedin.com/privacy.
8. Your Rights as Affected Person
You have the following rights:
- According to Article 7 para. 3 GDPR, you have the right to revoke any consent declaration at any time, which you may have given to us before. This has the consequence that we are no longer privileged to continue the respective activity.
- According to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to demand information on your personal data, which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following: Purposes of the data processing; the categories of personal data; the categories of recipients to which we transmitted/disclosed or will transmit your data; the planned storage periods of data; the existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection; the right to appeal; the right to know the origin of data in the event that we did not collect these data; the right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence on automated decision-making including profiling.
- According to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to the correction of incorrect and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in storage at the Fraunhofer Society.
- According to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the deletion of your personal data providing the deletion does not interfere with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and with the compliance with legal obligations, providing the deletion is not against public interest and providing the deletion does not hamper the enforcement, execution or defence of legal claims.
- According to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is illegal but you reject the deletion of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to enforce, execute or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing according to Article 21 GDPR.
- According to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another authority and
- According to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a superior authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your place of residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
Information on your Right of Objections according to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time against the processing of your personal data, based on Article 6 para. 1, lit. f GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6, para. 1, lit. e GDPR (data processing based on fair balancing) for reasons, which arise from your specific situation. This shall also apply to the profiling as prescribed by Article 4 No. 4 GDPR, which is supported by this provision.
Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can establish compelling evidence, which is worthy of protection and outweighs your interests, rights and privileges, or unless the processing serves the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims. To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it does not relate to such direct advertising.
If you like to claim your right to object, an email to datenschutzkoordination(at)zv.fraunhofer.de will suffice.
9. Data Security
We transmit all your personal data using the generally used and secure encryption standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard. Bankers use the standard for online banking transactions. You recognise a secure TLS connection by the s following the http (https://…) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
By the way, we use suitable technical and organisational safety procedures to protect your data against inadvertent or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorised access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
10. Timeliness of the Data and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
Due to improvements of our website and website offers or based on statutory or government standard, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You find the latest applicable data protection information on this website. You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time. You should return to this page from time to time to ensure that you agree to any changes.